About the job
YAP Global (Your Angle Presented Globally) is an industry-shaping niche PR & Communications agency specializing in showcasing the most impactful and influential stories coming out of the emerging fields of crypto, decentralised finance (defi) and web3.
Built by a globalised team of close-knit storytellers scattered across the globe, who meet up on occasion at Spanish beaches and at Singapore food stalls, YAP Global’s mission is to bring forth a technological revolution that brings greater financial inclusion and equality into society.
We aim to be the bridge between quality journalism and emerging technology companies who are making a difference in the world. Our diverse portfolio of clients range from decentralised financial organisations, decentralised climate change innovators, digital asset management firms, NFT marketplaces to developer tooling platforms that will underpin the future of web3
Our clients are big thinkers, we’re big thinkers, and we’re out to shape productive media narratives for the advancement of the world.
We’ve also been media partners for some of the biggest blockchain conferences in the world, including CoinDesk’s Consensus, EthCC in France, ETHDenver, Invest Asia and more.
Our collaborative and globally-remote team is expanding and we are looking for an ambitious leader and team member to join us as an Account Manager.
- Providing strategic counsel and identify media opportunities for clients to aid their PR and wider marketing objectives
- Fulfilling clients’ key performance indicators and growing accounts
- Liaising with clients regarding press campaigns, creative projects and PR solutions
- Maintaining relationships with prospective/existing media and clients
- Ensuring optimal quality of deliverables for clients
- Analysing PR coverage and providing written reports
- Keeping abreast of current PR trends and tools for business improvement plans
- Be involved in pitching for new business opportunities and developing PR proposals
- Managing and mentoring junior members of staffe
Key Markers of Success:
- At least 3 years experience and a proven track record in PR in an agency, or in journalism
- Outstanding organisational skills with an ability to multi-task and manage a portfolio of clients
- Knowledge of the fintech, blockchain or cryptocurrency space or a genuine desire to learn about it
- High motivation and the ability to work under pressure, independently
- Media relationships with financial, tech and mainstream press
- Strong news sense and a knack for storytelling
- Strong management and interpersonal skills
- Flair for creativity, strategic thinking and innovation
- Commercially aware and business savvy
- Experience in building contacts and influential networks
- Service focused and aware when handling confidential information
- Must be willing to communicate with memes
- Must have a keen interest in building relationships with key founders and leaders in the ecosystem known by the community as dinosaurs, punks, monkeys and witches
- Savviness with a range of communication platforms including Telegram, Slack, Twitter, Discord is preferred
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangement
- Coworking space in your local area covered
- Classpass benefits (ft. salons and massage options!)
- Travel opportunities to key conferences in cities such as Paris, New York, Amsterdam, Singapore and more
- The chance to bring in new clients to the agency that you’re passionate about and would like to work with
- The opportunity to be part of a team of ambitious, like-minded, driven people from different parts of the world
To apply, please send the following to [email protected]:
- Your resume
- A one-page cover letter on why you want to join, and three ways you would boost YAP Global's PR Profile if it is your client